Another weekend that felt a little “normal.” I went with @atastyjourney to our “Cheers,” Maxwell Park (que the Cheers theme song!). At their Navy Yard location they have a pairing menu called Russell Island (it’s a Fishing Island in MI). You select a number from the menu and you get a small bite paired with a half pour. Easy! They do the work for you! I decided to pick five from the menu (added #12 for a little dessert). The numbers below correspond to the number on the menu. Check out their website to find a full list of choices (1-16). I think my favorite was 1 or 4.
1. Caviar, Potato Mille-Feuille Creme Fraiche paired with Gramona La Cuvee Brut, Corpinnat
4. Smoked Trout Dip & Truffle Potato Chips paired with Karamolegos, Assyrtiko
5. Deviled Egg, Smoked Trout Roe and Chives paired with La Antigua Clasico, Viura/Garnacha Blanca
8. Tartare of Shenandoah Lamb, Preserved Lemon Capers, Mint, Pita paired with Bermejos, Listan Negro Rosé
11. Humboldt Fog Goat Cheese, Grapefruit Marmalade paired with Renaissance, Sauvignon Blanc
12. Taleggio, Peach Preserve, Lavash paired with Denavolo Malvasia Candida
Of course we had to enjoy an extra pour while there. I mean it’s Maxwell.